We have a small supply of ties available to purchase from the School for students.
Cost £4.00 each, please bring cash to Mrs Smyth in the Sixth Form Office.
Our School’s uniform is compulsory. It has been kept natural and simple, in order to give each individual student, and the School as a whole, a smart appearance. All property should be clearly marked with the student’s name/Form.
It is the parent(s)/carer(s) and student’s joint responsibility to ensure that the correct uniform is provided and worn properly at all times, including on the way to and from School.
If there is any doubt as to the acceptability of any item, other than those specified in the following sections, parent(s)/carers(s) are advised to check with the student’s Head of Year before buying, or allowing to be worn, any such item.
SCHOOL BLAZER – Royal blue with platinum trim with our School crest.
SCHOOL JUMPER – Grey V neck jumper with our School crest and relevant House colour trim around neck.
SCHOOL TIE – Navy tie with two stripes according to year and House.
SHIRT/BLOUSE – Boys and Girls – Plain white.
Boys – Charcoal (dark grey)
Girls – Grey.
SKIRT – Grey pleated skirt. The skirt should be worn at a length just above the knee to just below the knee.
Girls – White knee socks or white ribbed tights. Thick black ribbed or opaque 70 denier tights may be worn INSTEAD of socks. White ankle socks are permitted in the Summer term only.
Boys – Plain black or dark grey.
SHOES – Boys and Girls
Plain black leather shoes (which are able to be polished). All brands of trainers and pumps are not permitted.
OUTDOOR COAT – Plain navy blue or black. (Hoodies are not part of our School uniform and are not permitted in School).
HATS – A plain navy blue or black hat may be worn whilst outside. Hats must NOT be worn in the School buildings under any circumstances.
ART AND CRAFT
Students must provide themselves with an apron or an old shirt to wear over their uniform for all art lessons. For craft lessons, a bib apron that can be tied at the front, with or without a pocket, is required.
A plain dark blue or black school bag will be needed for books, and a string bag for the PE kit.
- Navy blue polo shirt and shorts with School crest
- Navy blue socks
- Navy blue and white track suit with School crest
The wearing of jewellery is forbidden in Years 7 to 11 except for one signet ring if requested and one gold chain/crucifix worn out of view inside the shirt. One small plain gold stud or one small, plain gold ring only may be worn in each pierced ear. Nose studs/rings or any other piercing are not allowed. As with all items of property, the School cannot accept any responsibility for jewellery in the case of loss or damage
Plain blue, black or white.
The following items are NOT part of our School Uniform:
- Hoodies, tracksuit or sweater tops.
- Jewellery apart from that listed above.
- False or varnished nails.
- Head scarves, unless for religious reasons or medical recommendation, and if worn must be navy blue or black.
- Jeans or leggings, tight, stretch or figure-revealing trousers.
- Leather, denim or suede jackets.
- Trainers or pumps.
Occasional unavoidable wearing of non-uniform items MUST be accompanied by a parental note with a proposed date for the matter to be resolved.
Please ensure that your sons and daughters are dressed smartly for School. It is in the interests of all who are a part of Bishop Stopford’s School that our School is represented well in the local community.
A smart appearance is always essential.
If clarification over any issue of uniform is required, please contact the School.
- Mobile phones and electrical items are banned in School. The Governors of our School accept NO responsibility for mobile phones which are brought to School. Mobile phones WILL be confiscated. No investigation will be made into thefts of mobile phones.
- Any items of non-uniform, electrical items and mobile phones will be confiscated until the end of half term.
- School accepts no responsibility for these items.
- Only items labelled with the student’s name and House will be returned.
- Items with no name will be disposed of.
Our uniform is available from:-
U4K-Uniform 4 Kids (Lyons School Shop)
242 Hertford Road
020 8804 3627
Divine Solutions Schoolwear Ltd
3 Northumberland Park
020 8216 9113