The BTEC Business courses is worth 1, 2 or 3 A-Levels depending on whether it is taken as a single, double or triple option. The single option would be 6 units of coursework, the double option would be 12 units of coursework and the triple option would be 18 units of coursework. It has been designed to give students a ‘hands on’ and practical approach to learning Business Studies. The course is assessed through 100% coursework.
The course will cover most aspects of how businesses are run and managed. Successful students will be organised, independent learners who are prepared to spend a lot of time researching topics and businesses.
Topics covered during Year 13 could include:
- The Business Environment
- Business Resources
- Introduction to Marketing
- Business Communication
- Business Accounting
- Creative Product Promotion
- Market Research in Business
- Recruitment and Selection in Business
- Developing Planning for a Career in Business
- Human Resource Management in Business
- Managing a Business Event
- Developing Teams in Business
- Understanding retailing
- Visual Merchandising in Retail
- The impact OF Communication Technology on Business
- Website Design Strategy
- Starting a Small Business
- Understanding Business Ethics
Assessments held throughout Year 13:
All coursework units are weighted equally and students will receive the following grades for each unit: Pass, Merit or Distinction.
Additional information and resources: