We would like to invite you and your child to a GCSE information evening on Thursday 10th October 2019. Year 11 is obviously a crucial time for all students and in turn this information evening is an opportunity for us to provide you and your child with guidance and advice on how to manage this very important part of their educational career.
The evening will include information about the final exams in May/June as well as details of work we will be doing with your child in order to prepare them for this. Guidance will be given to you on how you can best support your child at home with regards to revision and managing their time effectively.
Following a presentation in our school hall, your child’s Head of Year, along with the Heads of Department will then be available should you have any queries, require any specific advice regarding your child’s exams and need to purchase the subject specific revision guides.
The evening will begin at 5.00pm, please arrive 15 minutes before this where to ensure a prompt start. The event will last for approximately 2 hours.
So that we can cater for all who wish to attend, please can you confirm your attendance using the online parents evening booking system accessible through ‘my child at school’. To do this please:
· log into your my child at school account (if you have problems with this please contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
· Select ‘parents evenings’ on the left hand side of the screen
· Select ‘Ms M Pavlou’ (ignore Miss E Moynihan, you only need to make an appointment with Ms Pavlou)
· Select any available appointment time, this is not the time you will have but simply a way for the school to record who will be attending.
· Arrive at school at 4:45pm on 10th October for a 5pm start.
If you have any queries regarding this evening please do not hesitate to contact me on
With best wishes
Ms M Pavlou