I am writing to invite you to our E-safety Parent information evening on Tuesday 6th of December at 6.00pm, which will last no longer than an hour.
In the digital age in which we live, there are many ways that young people can communicate with other people. This session is a ‘must’ for all those who are concerned about the safety of their children when using technology.
There are 3 areas to be covered in the session:
- How we educate children regarding staying safe online
- Update into the online world of children
- Making things safer at home
This dynamic, high quality presentation enables parents to understand the wide array of applications and websites out there today, particularly those that children and young people use.
On the same day, students will be introduced to CEOP and how they can support them if online issues arise, the ‘Think-U-Know’ education programme, both CEOP websites and the ‘Click CEOP’ button. Sessions include the following at an age-appropriate level and again will last no longer than an hour:
- Introduction of CEOP and their work
- Exploration of CEOP’s website for relevant age group
- Sharing usage of social networking and webcams sites
- Talk about effects of cyberbullying
- Talk through latest apps and risk assessment
- Detailed conversation on social networking and webcamming.
This is a great opportunity for both students and yourselves to understand the ways in which to stay safe online and how you can protect them.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
I hope to see you all there.
Mrs P Erol
E-Safety Designated Safeguard Officer