- Pupils who attended at least 50% of success lounge sessions saw a significant impact on their attainment.
- Pupils who attended at 75% of success lounge sessions made better than expected progress in English and Mathematics.
In our endeavour to support your child with fulfilling their potential, we place a great emphasis on developing literacy and numeracy skills across the curriculum. Being literate increases opportunities for individual success in a wide range of areas and lays the foundations for lifelong learning.
The ‘Aim High Project’ is a four week intervention programme which includes the following:
- Weekly mentoring sessions
- Home learning extension booklet
- Invitation to the Success Lounge
*Success Lounge, one to one tutoring every Wednesday and Friday 3.30pm to 4.30pm (3 additional hours per week)
Your support and commitment will be fundamental to the success of this programme. Over the next four weeks, in particular, please ensure the following:
- Student has 100% attendance to school and Success Lounge.
- Arrives to school on time with full equipment.
- Completes all homework and extension activities.
- Monitor progress and behaviour via parent portal.
Levels of Numeracy and literacy are closely linked to achievement once pupils have left school so it is vital we close the gap at this early stage. You can be assured that all of the staff at Bishop Stopford’s school are committed to ensuring all students fulfil their potential and are able to make a positive contribution to society, we appreciate your support in achieving this goal.
If there is anything you wish to discuss further please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Mr R Barker
Head of Year 9