Headteacher: Ms T Day
“Achievement for all in a Christian community”
Our mission statement: Bishop Stopford’s is a Church of England school open to all students. Our mission is to provide first rate teaching, learning and extra-curricular activities within a caring and supportive Christian environment.
We are extremely proud of our students and our successes and achievements in recent years. Bishop Stopford’s School aims in all branches of its life and in all its endeavours to imitate the example of Our Lord Jesus Christ in His teaching, His encouragement of others, His foundation of community life and His compassion for those in need.
- To provide a secure, caring and structured environment in which all students, regardless of race or culture, are encouraged to strive for excellence and to develop self-reliance, self-discipline, self-confidence through participation in a wide range of academic, cultural and social activities;
- To enable students to enhance their knowledge of the Christian faith, respect for its values and familiarity with the practices of the Church, whilst respecting also the beliefs and values of those of other faiths;
- To enable all students to develop through competition and co-operation their academic, physical and social capabilities to the highest possible standards;
- To prepare students to enter adult life as active and responsible citizens and enable them to develop skills relevant to employment;
- To help students to develop an understanding of the world in which we live, a concern for the environment and an awareness of the inter-dependence of individuals, groups and nations.